CAPS – Computer Animation Production System

In the Fall of 2007, my animation class was called CAPS (Computer Animation Production System).

The final project for this class was to create and composite a 3D building into a photo background. We had to take all of the photos ourself too. Everyone was choosing relatively small buildings in San Francisco and all of them were in the daylight. I decided to do something different and chose a really large building to render at night time. My teacher warned me that I might be biting off more than I can chew, but I was up for the challenge! Here's what I came up with:

From Jedi's 3D Art

We also had to create a short video to illustrate how the render and compositing were put together. The video quality is pretty crappy, but at least you get the idea:


Adobe After Effects was used to put the video together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment